I have decided that if I ever wanted to wish harm on a person (which I doubt I ever would because I am a nice girl...most of the time) I would wish upon them the horrible sickness I have been battling all week. Being sick and pregnant sucks! It is honestly the worst I have felt in so long...I can't even remember. Other than of course passing two kidney stones in October and November last year...but this is different because this could not be treated with antibiotics, muscle relaxers and vicodin. Oh no, this is almost worse because when you are pregnant you really shouldn't take any medication if you want to play it on the safe side with the baby. And of course I want London to be safe.
So it started last Friday when I woke up with a little scratch in my throat and a tiny cough that kind of went away as the day progressed. I didn't think much of it until Saturday morning when I woke up to a deep cough and raspy voice. By the end of the day I was full blown sick and Sunday it continued to get worse. That night, being the good wife that I am I volunteered to sleep on the couch so Paul could get his beauty rest for work the next day. I woke up in the middle of the night though and was so sick that I could hardly breathe and actually debated on heading the the ER. I immediately called the advice nurse and was given a variety of home remedy options to give me some relief. Steaming my face, drinking warm fluids and sleeping while sitting up were among them. I also scheduled an appointment for first thing Monday morning to find out how sick I really was.
The next morning Paul and I headed to the doc and were advised I had bronchitis. They gave me a breathing treatment which gave me some relief and sent me home with some antibiotics, and an inhaler. I opted not to take the antibiotics for fear of anything happening to London and decided I would take the "granola route" and try to heal naturally. So, my week was spent sleeping on the couch, using saline nasal wash, steaming my face with hot water and peppermint oil, drinking hot water with lemon and honey and using a heating pad on my back and chest. Slowly...even more slow than molasses...I started to get better but even still I am not 100%. My nose is still stuffed with snot that is the density of rubber cement and my cough which has diminished is still strong enough that I am certain I pulled a few muscles. My rib cage on the left is so sore that it feels like I practically cracked a rib or two...heck, maybe I did. And of course, no pain medication for that other than some muscle cream to give me temporary relief. Needless to say, it has been a long road to recovery which has further been set back by the minor tumble I took last night.
Yes, I took a little fall on my tummy yesterday at our friends house. Thank the Lord it was on the lawn and not the concrete but it was cause enough for Kaiser to request that I be seen immediately in triage. It was the first of a few visits I am sure I will make to Kaiser between now and delivery but it was super scary. Paul drove at Mach 3 speed and we determined it still takes a solid 20 minutes to get there. Good to know for future reference. Everything turned out to be just fine for the me and the baby. They checked for contractions, both of our heartbeats and did an ultrasound to make sure the placenta and amniotic sac were not ruptured. Everything looked totally normal and the doctor was able to confirm we are having a girl. So, the pink shall stay! Two hours later we made our way out the door and came home totally exhausted. This body has had one heck of a week. I am still making progress on the bronchitis recovery and sore ribs and hoping this week will end up better than last. Moral of the story- do not run on the lawn in flip flops while pregnant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment