This seems to be the most frequently asked question these days. For good reason of course but gosh am I sure sick of telling 20 people a day that I am feeling about as crappy as I was feeling the day before and the day before and the day before...you catch my drift. My girlfriend made a good point yesterday though when she said...you might as well enjoy everyone asking how YOU are doing for the next little bit because as soon as London arrives no one will ask how you are doing...only how she is doing. Good point I thought.
Anyway, my answer for today is...as you would expect...I am feeling about the same as yesterday. To paint a perfect picture and be a real complainer I have decided to start at the top of my head and run through every ailment on my body. Headaches...these are a new development. I get them daily now. Typically mid day and they last a few hours. Shoulder aches...as a result of the growing mammaries on my chest no doubt. Acid reflux...thanks to London rearranging my stomach and small intestine. Boob leakage...well that speaks for itself. Lower backache...as a result of London sitting ever so far down in my belly. The sensation that I could pee at any moment...again thanks to London resting her pretty little head on my bladder. Muscle strains in my lower abdomen...due in part to my ever expanding belly. Abdominal cramps...these are the early signs of labor according to my doc. Swollen legs, calves, ankles and feet...as if you can even differentiate my calf from my ankle from my foot. So there it is...the true joys of pregnancy this last month.
London is certainly getting crowded because her movements make my entire belly jump around like a firework just went off inside. It is a fun sensation and hilarious to watch and wonder what she might be doing in there. I know she is just baking away but I am ready for her to make an appearance any time now. I am ready to have my body back. I look forward to the simple things like eating without thinking I just regurgitated a ball of fire. I look forward to having my feet fit into shoes instead of the three pair of flip flops I have been forced to wear these past two months. I look forward to not being winded after making the bed and being able to fit comfortably in my car without the steering wheel resting a quarter inch from my belly. Just the little things...
So as the time rolls by and I approach 37 weeks on Friday I plan to begin the process of coaxing her out. Lots of stretching, yoga poses, walking, squats, spicy food and pressure point massage. We will see how it goes. And, in the event that she still is not ready to join us then my doctor has advised me that I can be induced at 39 weeks. I will keep my options open and just pray that she comes before then. So, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping she arrives real soon...please!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment