Apparently when you are pregnant it is known that the mucas membranes in your nose, mouth and eyes tend to go into overdrive. You have more snot, more spit, more eye gunk and you also sneeze way more. Who said pregnancy is beautiful?
Another more obvious side effect is that the muscles in your abdominal region tend to relax...A LOT! This makes room for the baby of course and at the same time moves all your internal organs around and squishes them up real nice. Then of course there is the pressure of the added baby weight on your bladder...which brings me to todays story :-)
I have always had a small bladder. Most of my friends and family know this and they used to tease me before I got pregnant about having a bladder the size of a hampster. Just wait until you get pregnant they would say. And now I know why. I thought I peed a lot then...holy cow...now I have a massive pee factory going on right inside me. I have yet to count the number of times I go everyday but I would easily guess 20 times including the 3-4 times I now get up on any given night. And, I am only 4 months pregnant. Yikes! I may not be able to leave the restroom in that last trimester. I may literally have to move my life into the master bathroom for those last 3 months when I am the size of a house. I can only imagine.
So yesterday I am getting ready to run a few quick errands. I am all set to go and suddenly I feel a sneeze attack coming on. I give one good ACHOOOO! Then another good one and lo and behold I peed my pants. Not just a drop or two. We are talking I fully peed my pants and had to go change my clothes just to leave the house. I laughed all the way to the closet. Especially because I remember laughing at my mom when I was growing up and she would do the same thing. I would be so embarassed and say mom...I can't believe you can't sneeze or jump up and down without peeing. Now I know why...because she had me of course. So with changed clothes I made my way out of the house to finally run my errands. I didn't tell Paul of course because he already thinks my pregnant body is a side show at the circus but in any event I really am enjoying all the funny things that go along with having a baby. And, if you can't laugh at yourself...who can you laugh at?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Every woman I know who has had a baby can relate...When I used to complain about having to get up in the middle of the night to pee, people used to try to console me by saying that it was preparing my body to function with less sleep, so I could handle it when I'd have to get up with the baby in the early months before he/she could sleep though the night. Little consolation, however. You're still tired, but in the long run, it makes sense, and at least you have the baby with you to keep you company at 2 am while your hubby snores away!
ReplyDeleteXOXO
Nonni Carol