I know...Total gender stereotype with the pink vs. blue question but the fact of the matter is if you have been out shopping for "gender neutral" items you will find real quick that you are left with the choices of ducks, ducks, and more ducks. Essentially, yellow, yellow and more yellow. Otherwise, it is pink or blue. Girl or boy. Cupcakes, bows and polka dots or animals, stripes and plaid. Since we have been patiently waiting (okay anxiously waiting) to find out if this little munchkin is a girl or boy I have to admit I have had a few moments of weakness when I wanted to go shopping and pick up a few "gender neutral" items just because...because I could. Because I had looked longingly for 8 months before I got pregnant and could hardly wait to actually buy things. Much to my surprise and annoyance everything I found was either....you guessed it...ducks or yellow...or yellow ducks of course. So needless to say, I can hardly wait to find out if I am buying pink or blue.
Soon, the million dollar question will be answered because Thursday is the day!!!!!!! I am just crossing my fingers and saying lots of prayers that the little munchkin will cooperate and keep their legs uncrossed. Probably the only time I will ever hope for this in their life :-)It is funny because whenever I see clients, friends or family I get the same series of questions lately. How are you feeling? Have you felt it move? Do you know if it is a girl or boy? Followed up with, Do you have a preference? And, What do you think it is? Ever since I found out I was pregnant and even before that actually people have been telling me they expect us to have a boy. Apparently boys run in the family on the Ueckert side but girls run in the family on the Dewey side. The Vickers are 50/50 I would say. All of my clients have said they thought it was a boy and even my tailor here in EDH agreed last week. Even that silly ring on a string test indicated it was a boy. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of people who vote girl and they are only joined by the Chinese Prediction Chart which concurs. Whatever it is, that is God's will and we are just blessed to be having a baby. But, to answer the last two questions because inquisitive minds want to know...we have no preference and I have no feeling either way about the sex. Paul thinks it is a boy.
I don't understand people who have a preference either way. I have heard countless stories about these same people crying at the 20 week appointment when they find out it is a girl and they wanted a boy. Or vice versa. Talk about ungrateful. Honestly, I would feel most comfortable with a girl because I am one and I consider myself a real girly girl. I can do her hair, buy fun dresses, paint her nails and play Barbies with her. Boys, I know nothing about. Heck, I am still trying to figure Paul out some days :-)But on the same note, I enjoy rough housing, digging in the dirt, building forts and playing with remote control cars so I know I can get by. Either way, I really truly don't care and I look forward to the adventure that awaits no matter what. As for a "gut" instinct either way I have definitely not had one. I feel persuaded to say boy because that is what the majority says but a real true "gut" instinct has never hit me. And so, the wait continues until Thursday when we (fingers crossed) can find out. And, you can bet that after the appointment I will be calling, texting and emailing everyone I know to share the news and celebrate. After that, I will spend the remainder of the day shopping at the mall...looking to buy pink or blue of course!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment