40 Weeks & Counting

40 Weeks & Counting

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice...That's What Little Girls Are Made Of

It's a GIRL!

This morning we had the appointment of all appointments. I got up early since the ultrasound was scheduled for 9:35 in Roseville. Paul stayed home from work so we could follow each other there. In order to have the exam done you are required to drink two 8oz glasses of water one hour prior to the appointment and not go to the bathroom until after the initial part of the exam. Needless to say I almost popped right there in the waiting room. We arrived early and checked in and the waiting began. I had this nervous excitement and could not help but watch all the people coming and going around me. Everyone that checked in kept getting called before me. I kept sighing to Paul while he fervently checked his watch. I am going to pee my pants right here in the waiting room chair if I have to wait any longer. I better be next otherwise Paul may need to go grab the janitor and a mop. This is no joking matter. Finally, the tech comes to get me and I bolt out of the chair and practically run down the hall to the ultrasound room.

She slaps some warm jelly on my tummy and away we go with about a 45 minute exam to check all the organs, take countless pictures and determine the sex of course. First though, she checks my bladder and then allows me to relieve myself. Thank God! The rest of the exam takes FOREVER!!! All I can think is, okay this broad needs to hurry up and let us know what we are having. What the heck is taking so long. Doesn't she know we are wasting valuable shopping time. The problem was that the baby was super active (surprise, surprise) so she couldn't get it to sit still long enough to take the pictures. Then, she couldn't get it to turn over so she had me moving into all sorts of compromising positions to get it to roll over. She finally got the shot. Next task- she shows us the pictures of the organs and limbs, as well as the face. In one shot you can see an eyeball. I must admit it looks a little scary but its good to know its there! She says everything looks good but the doctor tomorrow will examine the shots to let me know for sure.

Finally, time to let us know what it is. She scans down to the bottom and uses the cursor on the computer to point out 3 lines. It is a girl! The lines are the outer part of her female anatomy. She double and triple checks...no third leg. It is definitely a girl. At this point, I almost fell off the table. I thought about screaming but being that I was in a hospital room I thought that might look bad and freak out the rest of the patients waiting to come in next. Paul's jaw about hit the floor too. Oh my gosh, practically everyone is expecting a boy. They are going to flip out I tell him. So then I double check with the technician...are you sure? how sure are you? like 100% sure? She then informs me they are not allowed to say 100% but she was 99% sure and she had been doing this for a long time. Okay, good enough for me. Her name will be London. Middle name to be discussed.

And so we left, pictures and proof in our hands and we could hardly wait to get out the door to call and let everyone know. The sentiment was the same all the way around. Total excitement and some shocked voices as well. So fun! Such a surprise. We are going to have a daughter. Which led me to the next most important task...Shopping! And away I went to shop until I dropped and my oh my did I shop. Dresses, polka dots, pink, oh my! I can't wait to meet my little girl!

2 comments:

  1. Yippee! We are so excited to meet little London!
    Now, slow down on the shopping and let the rest of us get things for her!

    love and hugs!

    Opa Bill and Nonni Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not tell you how excited I am for you two! I knew it :) Your little girl is so lucky to have such a wonderful mother and father in her life. I can't wait to share all your special memories with you. Congrats my friend! Now Ella will have a girl to play with since all our other friend have boys! Hurray for the pink team!

    ReplyDelete